Sunday, October 21, 2012

Are you really Happy?

Today I woke up feeling extra happy. I don't know if it's the coffee I never drink and decided to this morning (purely for the fact that I own a keurig), or possibly the fact that Kadence went down so easily for her morning nap, or maybe it's because my life has taken such a sharp turn upwards lately (for the most part I'm still a single mother trying to lose weight while having a constant battle with money & wanting to have a life, don't worry)

Moving home from college, while to most probably sounds like a death sentence (& trust me I sometimes think it is), has actually, for the most part, been a blessing in disguise for me. I may live everyday feeling like a fool for all the money I wasted & all the time I threw away, but at least I am a happy fool for it. Living with my best friend has been something I will never be able to repay her for, seriously who wants to live with a 21 year old single mother & her infant? Apparently my best friend & her white german shepherd. They don't make many like her (except for you Ericka, cause I know you're reading this). 

I watched a documentary on netflix last night while babysitting (aka trying not to go drown myself in the shower because 3 kids were screaming) called "Happy". (WOW that was a contradicting sentence) Anyway, the whole point of it was about studying what makes people happy. Turns out, that being a happy person  has very little to do with how much money you make, your status in life, or where you live (see the diagram below) & much more to do with your genetics & more importantly, the actions you do. However, people seem to think that money, status, etc will bring them happiness, when in reality even if you did win a million dollars, your happiness would be short lived. Allow me to gush on about this movie for just a minute longer & tell you that it also had a good point of how good people do when bad things happen to them. What I mean is, people think that when lots of bad things happen to them their life is going to go to hell in a bucket & they will never recover, however it tends to be the opposite & the human race rebounds very well & very quickly. In addition to all these GLORIOUS facts (LOL) it shows a huge scope of different people and what they think will make them "happy"which is super interesting & totally worth and hour and fifteen minutes of your life.



I'll stop quoting facts from this movie now & just suggest you go watch it. It will really give you a positive outlook on life if you have been feeling sorry for yourself lately, which if you are like the rest of America, you have. Here is the trailer: 


you. are. welcome. 
have a happy day loves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment