Friday, October 26, 2012

Franken-storm 2012

The end of the world is near, pretty sure anyway. Hurricane Sandy is headed my way & the weather channel is calling it "the perfect storm". *eye roll* I am not thrilled. If you didn't know, live on a tiny little island that only has 1 way on & off. For obvious reasons storms are not something I love, they eat our road & flood everything. After Hurricane Irene's craziness last year I just don't feel like dealing with it again. If I have to take a boat just to get to Wal-Mart ever again, I am going to loose my mind.

Regardless of how little I want to deal with this storm, it's coming. So my roommate & I went out on a little shopping trip today for batteries, flashlights, candles, food that you don't have to cook to eat, & a bottle of wine. It was a successful trip. I have even been preparing food for Kadence for the past hour just incase (HA, I mean WHEN) the power goes out.


In other words, do not fear if you don't hear from me for a few days, or weeks (God, I hope not). I will be safe, we live on a higher part of the island & in a sturdy apartment building, however I will be internet deprived & that will be sad. Though I might get a lot of videos filmed if I can keep my camera charged!

In the mean time, say a prayer that our road doesn't get washed out & watch my newest video, the controversial parenting tag!


1 comment:

  1. Hope your road doesn't get flooded. It's coming here too (Hubert, NC), but I don't think it'll be as bad as where you live just lots of rain and wind.

    ReplyDelete