Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Easy (Vegan) Crock Pot Enchiladas Recipe

SO yesterday at the grocery store I got this crazy idea to throw together some enchiladas. I figured, I could make a lot, they were relatively soft so Kadence could eat them too, & they were easy & cheap. Because these are all really awesome things, I figured I would share my recipe with you.

I didn't even think to take pictures, but oh well. Also, I don't ever use exact measurements so bear with me!

Ingredients:

1 can of black beans (drained & washed, I do this on all canned veggies to get rid of some of the salt!)
1 can of pinto beans (drained & washed)
1/2 an onion (chopped)
1 mini red pepper (chopped)
1 mini yellow pepper (chopped)
1 mini green pepper (chopped)
1 cup full of fresh assorted spicy peppers (chopped)
1 package of yellow rice (cooked)
1/2 bag of frozen corn
1 can of diced tomatoes with chiles (drained & washed)
1/2 block of diaya dairy free cheese (grated)
1 package of 8 flour tortillas
2 jars of salsa
1 jar of enchilada sauce


  • Cook the rice while chopping the veggies
  • Drain & rinse all canned veggies
  • Combine all ingredients, except cheese, tortillas, salsa & enchilada sauce, in a bowl & mix
  • In a crock pot pour 1/2 of a jar of salsa & some enchilada sauce along the bottom
  • Spoon mix into tortillas & layer into crock pot, pouring enchilada sauce & salsa over each layer. Top each layer with cheese. 
  • Cook on high for 2-4 hours. 
*alternatively you can bake in the oven, covered, for 20 minutes & then uncovered for 10. 
* you can pretty much add ANYTHING you want to these to suit what you & your family likes! 

Let me know if you like them :) 

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment